Thursday, July 23, 2009

Successful Workshop

Thank you to all the CAP workshop attendees on Monday and Tuesday. The workshop was a success because of the participants and their willingness to explore new ideas. We concluded the workshop on Tuesday with wikis, blogs, Microsoft Life, and Google Tools. I know that I will not be able to use all these tools, but I am very glad I am a little more knowledgeable. I am thankful for learning about the ones I will be able to add to my repertoire. I think we have great potential to strengthen the accelerated program network.

I hope all the workshop attendees had a safe journey home. My Wednesday started with a fire alarm going off in the hotel and a mandatory evacuation. My worst fear was realized. I wondered what I would do if I were in the shower when an emergency happened at a hotel. I now know...dry off, dress quickly, and run out the door with my hair in a towel. I am so glad I did not run into anyone I knew. Just as we made it to the first floor, the hotel maintenance personnel were letting us know that it was all clear. I was very thankful I was only on the seventh floor as I climbed the stairs back up. As my Aussie friend would say...It was all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post any comments