Monday, July 20, 2009

Faculty Development thru Technology

The first day of our workshop was kicked off with a presentation on Second Life. We moved from that session to a session on how to build a technologically enhanced classroom through prototyping and faculty development by recording presentations. The afternoon was filled with vodcasting and podcasting, webinars and online teaching panel. Everyone was taking notes and learning new skills to take back to their campuses.

The best session for me personally was the podcasting/vodcasting. We created a short one minute video. I understood how I could easily do this on my laptop for my courses and contribute to my onground and online courses. With a camera on the computer and a microphone, I can create short videos for my courses. It is a great way to create an introduction for new faculty and communicate updates for all faculty. What a great, inexpensive tool, that is easy for a non-techy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post any comments